Yamaha P105 88-Key Digital Piano Review 2018
Digital Piano Review recently got the chance to try out the popular Yamaha P Series P105. It’s part of Yamaha’s P Series.
According to the manufacturer, the P105 “is a compact digital piano with Yamaha’s outstanding acoustic piano touch and tone. It is portable, easy-to-use and versatile for everyone from beginner to pro.”
Well, we think it’s not suitable for professionals. So if you’re a beginner or an intermediate pianist, keep reading the review.
Anyone in need of a 88-key weighted action digital piano that has GHS action will be interested in reading this review. It has a keyboard that feels similar to an acoustic piano with the balance sound thanks to the Intelligent Acoustic Control that can adapt to the volume setting. As a result, the tone experience is the best at any level.
This review of the Yamaha P Series P105 will answer your questions about the features of the digital piano and give you the information you need about the pros and cons of the product so that it will be easy to determine if this instrument will be a good fit.
Some features of the P105:
- Weighted GHS action (88-note) keyboard
- Lighter touch in the high end and heavier touch in the low end
- 128-note polyphony
- 10 built-in pianist styles
- 10 Rhythm function
- 14 preset voices and 50 preset piano songs
- Dual/Layers, Duo, and Split functions
- Intelligent Acoustic Control that automatically adjusts for best possible tone
- Assignable Split Voice for more musical versatility
- Built-in drum patterns and built-in duet partner (ten different playing styles)
- Yamaha CFIII concert grand is the sampled piano
- AUX OUT and USB to HOST for computer and iPad connectivity
- Dimensions: 58.1 x 15.1 x 11.1 inches
- Weighs 36.4 pounds or 11.7 kg
- Music Rest and Pedal included
- Everything about the P105 is top-notch and high quality. The keyboard weight and feel is very realistic. The instrument is compatible with 3rd party software, and the integration experienced between external speakers and headphones is superb.
- The P105 offers weighted keys, internal speakers and USB all in one piano which gives the experience beginners and intermediate players will really be able to learn with and the fact that piano teachers can play along with the same set of keys adds to the learning experience.
- For the price range, the sound quality is exceptional as Yamaha’s CFIII grand was used for samples.
- The realistic tone, dynamic touch response add to its natural grand piano-like feel.
- The hammer action is surprisingly good feels like you are playing an acoustic piano.
- 2 headphone outputs are great as they can be used by a student and teacher or in duet mode.
- Has the PC connectivity, which opens so much more to the enjoyment of this instrument. You can download files from your computer to the instrument.
*Advice: use headphones or external speakers for even better sound
- The instructions could have been improved a lot because they can be confusing.
- There is not much quantity of rhythms and voices.
- The foot pedal could have been better (click here for our review on a better one)
Digital Piano Reviews Conclusion:
The obvious conclusion is that this is a quality digital piano that offers realistic weighted keys that feel good playing. It has the sound quality that players expect from a quality instrument. The Yamaha P Series P105 is highly recommended for anyone in the market for a high-performing digital piano. No wonder it’s one of the best-selling and most popular digital pianos on the market.
Good for: beginners, students, and intermediate (semi-pro) pianists on a budget
Not so good for: Professional pianists who need advanced features
Final Verdict: Recommended
Click here to see the price and get a discount
We hope this was helpful. More digital piano reviews are on the way.