Yamaha ARIUS YDP-141 88 Key Digital Piano Reviews
Welcome to Digital Piano Review. Today, we bring you a brief review of the Yamaha ARIUS YDP-141. It’s part of Yamaha’s ARIUS/YDP line. It is a suitable instrument for beginners and intermediate students and anyone who enjoys playing piano with a mid-range budget.
There is a 88-key graded hammer (GH) natural feel keyboard with 3-level Advanced Wave Memory (AWM) Dynamic Stereo Sampling system that gives the effect of a true acoustic instrument through high quality digital technology. But it successfully produces a natural sound. There are 50 preset songs (mostly classic piano pieces) and also a songbook.
This review of the Yamaha ARIUS YDP-141 will answer your questions about the features of the piano and give you the information you need about the pros and cons of the product so you can make an informed decision.
Some features of the Yamaha ARIUS YDP-141:
- There are 50 preset piano songs with 6 demo songs that can be played as an aid for knowing how certain songs should be played
- A metronome is provided
- Two headphone jacks are included
- This instrument never needs tuning
- The instrument has 3 silver-colored polished pedals (Damper, Sostenuto, Soft)
- A variety of touch sensitivity levels
- There is a built-in 2 track recorder which aids in recording lessons and playing back for critical review
- Dimensions: 53 7/16 inches (W) x 32 1/16 inches (H) x 16 5/8 inches (D)
- Weighs 79 pounds and 6 ounces
- One definite plus is that the weight of the piano is light enough to allow for moving it from room to room if necessary.
- This is perhaps as close to piano-like sound as is possible with a digital piano and the hammer action although not perfect does have a similar effect.
- This is suited more for a beginner than someone with serious piano intentions but is very “playable” and the preset songs are very helpful to the new piano player because the book that comes with the YDP-141 has the same 50 songs so the player can play along with the preset songs.
- The built-in keyboard cover is a nice touch.
- The MIDI in/out feature is useful for importing songs from a computer.
- Very easy to assemble and operate.
- Comes with a matching bench and fits in perfectly with furniture.
- The bench is kind of low if you are of average height (ie. 5 feet 5 inches).
- Nothing else
Digital Piano Reviews Conclusion:
As shown in this review there are many features that those looking for a digital piano will appreciate. The sound quality is excellent and the instrument looks great. This Yamaha model is recommended for beginners and intermediate players but more advanced players will probably find that they need a more advanced sounding/feeling instrument.
Good for: beginners (students) and intermediate pianists
Not so good for: serious, highly experienced players
Final Verdict: Recommended